Tarrif and Payment
– The standard tourist tariff imposed by the Royal Government of Bhutan is US$250 per person per night for groups of three persons or more.
– Single travelers and those in a group of two pay an extra US$40 and US$30 per night respectively.
– Additional charges US$40 per person as visa fees and US$ 10 per person as tourism fund. This determines the basic cost of your Bhutan trips.
– The tourist tariff is discounted to US$200 per person per night during the lean season months.
The itinerary cost covers practically all the in-country costs for your holiday. You will have a personal guide and driver during your entire trip. You may bring along some extra money to buy gifts and souvenirs, soft or alcoholic drinks and tips.
What is Included in the Bhutan trips cost and what is not:
Included in the cost:
- A or B categories hotel with twin sharing basis (3 Star Hotel)
- Three meals a day
- Royalties of 65 U$ per night/per person
- Entrance fees and permit
- Overland transportation within Bhutan
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide
- Trekking arrangement (Trek rates will be charged base on the trek requirement)
- Drinking Water (car Aminities)
- Experience farm house dinner during last day of your stay
The rates given above are minimum rates applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. Any additional service or a higher grade hotel would contribute to a higher cost for the package.
Not included in the cost:
- Bhutan Visa Fee & Surcharge
- Travel Insurance (recommended, it not available in Bhutan)
- Beverages( water, soft drinks, wine and beer)
- Airport taxes
- Expenses of personal nature
- Excess baggage
- Tips to guides and drivers
Discount on Tour Prices:
– There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the age of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given a 50% discount on daily rates.
– Full time Students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
– A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons; 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
– A discount of US$ 32.5/person/night from 9th night and a discount of US$ 65/person/night from 15th night.
Payment for your Bhutan trip is made via bank transfer to Bhutan through the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB). The TCB will hold the money until your trip has taken place and will release it only when you have left on your return flight. Therefore, your money is secure and you don’t have to be concerned. If for any reason the trip does not take place the government will return the money to you (subject to cancellation charges which apply if you have cancelled the trip). Once you have confirmed your trip we will provide you with the bank details. Payment should be made at least 120 days in advance for cultural tours, festival tours and treks for your smooth journey.
During the high season it is advisable to dispatch payment for Druk Air flights at least four months in advance to allow us to confirm seats. Once we receive notification from the bank that your payment has arrived we will send you a formal trip confirmation and receipt.